[mythtv-users] Mac OS X Compile from CVS Problem

Colin Bell colinb at gatewest.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 18:16:10 EST 2005

Hi Jeremiah

Thanks so much for your help.

I did have problem with it not finding qmake so I made a symlink of
$QTDIR/bin/qmake to /usr/bin. Do you think this might be the problem?
Checked my paths, although the .bash_profile refuses to load the
variables when I run it (~/.bash_profile), I manually set the
environment paths by doing the following

set SRCDIR=$HOME/src
set QTDIR=$SRCDIR/qt-mac-free-3.3.3
set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$QTDIR/lib
**set PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$QTDIR/bin
** I get an error if try load it as "set
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:$QTDIR/bin" (tcsh: Bad : modifier in $ (/).)

My $QTDIR.lib is as follows

README                  libeditor.prl           libqnp.prl
libqt-mt.3.3.dylib      libqt-mt.dylib          libqt-mt.prl
pkgconfig
libdesignercore.prl     libqassistantclient.prl libqt-mt.3.3.3.dylib
libqt-mt.3.dylib        libqt-mt.la             libqui.prl
qt-mt.pc

They -thread option was enabled ( I redid it to be sure). I have been
copying and pasting from your excellent "how to". QT compiles perfectly
without an error, but does fail if I try do a make install. Your
instructions don't say to do this, but I though It might help with
finding it.

If I'm being a pain just ignore me...

Cheers

Colin