[mythtv-users] Mythtv on x86_64 SMP

Matt Lane lanewaves at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:38:33 EST 2005

I have MythTV running on my 3500+ (single) on FC3....took quite a long
time. I think I started in October!  I don't have the following
installed or working yet:

1.  Mythmusic
2.  Mythphone
3.  Burning files to DVD
4.  Mythweb...

I installed from individual pieces...meaning not from the
mythTV-suite.  I did it one thing at a time in the end it it all
worked.  I had loads of MySQL problems and had to upgrade to 4.x which
introduced other issues becuase of upgrading.

I still have php-mysql issues and it is driving me nuts.  I am a nubie
to both Linux and MythTV so...well you can imagine my pain.  I work in
the IT field so I have the background but this was a new animal for
me.

I am tempted to ghost the box and reinstall becuase I have a lot of
weird dep errors but...tracing my steps might be very time consuming
too.

I upgrade my kernal recently...bad idea.  Now I don't have sound.
Need to get that fixed tonight. (hopefully)

Let me know if you have specific questions and I'll try to figure out
how I got it done.