[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv on x86_64 SMP

Tom myth at acalprecision.com
Tue Jan 18 09:01:05 EST 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

> you understand correct, but who sais mythtv is limited to 32 bits?
> ATrpms happily ships 64 bits, too (although there are some 64 bit bugs
> still).

So, is it essential to install x86_64 without multilibs or can I get by
with the box running both, if I just want to use the box for a myth
front & backend, web/mail/ssh/proxy server?

Oer the weekend, I did a clean install with what I thought was a
non-multilib base, but in trying to update got errors regarding multiple
instances of a bunch of files (sory, don't have the file names..notes
were tossed), so I assumed it had some installed 32bit files on it's
own. It seems if I can do a multilib install and do what I want to with
the box, it would make it easier.

--
Tom