[mythtv-users] problems w/ recent CVS MythTV

Peter Lee peteratcmu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 09:30:31 EST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:19:05 -0800, William Lott
<mythusersmail at wlott.org> wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I recently upgraded from 0.16 to CVS because I'm trying to get a EPIA
> ME6000 frontend working in addition to my main FE/BE machine.  But when
> I did so, two new problems cropped up (and an old one stayed):

> 2 - I lost the OSD.  It worked fine under 0.16, but doesn't show up in
> my CVS build (updated Jan 1, IIRC).  But it does show up for my build on
> the ME6000.

I had *exactly* the same problem: After upgrading to cvs everything
except the osd was working just fine.  It turned out to be simple to
fix.  I was usign the Titivillus theme and for some reason after
upgrading to cvs the osd theme was set to "abstractosd", which on my
system doesn't exist.  Simply changing this in the setup screens
(under Setup->TV->Playback) to Titivillus-osd fixed the problem.

Probably mythfrontend should have a different behavior when it can't
find the osd theme (perhaps it should use defaultosd in that case)
instead of simply disabling osd altogether.

Peter