[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:38:11 EST 2005

It works fine from windows media player which is brilliant.

That peek = and a diamond character is exactly what im getting with
mplayer, do you know which version is supported?  current version of
xine just hangs when I try it.  Havent tried vlc itself.

Have you had any success in getting http streaming to work?  would
that work on all players or just vlc?  I'm thinking of http as it has
support for basic authentication.

I've tried replacing the line in mythstreamtv.sh:
   access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:8080
with:
   access=http,mux=ogg,url=:8080
or
   access=http,mux=ts,url=:8080
but neither give me any results, mplayer and xine seem to start
buffering the content and then fall over, mplayer reporting a problem
with the ogg stream (hence the reason I tried ts instead).

Oh and one last thing, how does the queueing work?  I ticked more than
one file and hit stream, the first one played and finished but the
second didnt play.

Any help on any of the above would be appreciated.

Many Thanks, Ash.