[mythtv-users] HDTV, Myth, HD-2000, HD-3000, questions galore (and hopefully answers from the smart people... )

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 18 17:24:07 EST 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 14:17, Michael Haan wrote:
> Other than trolling through forums, is there any other way to
> determine if my cable company encrypts or not?

You could try asking them, but you might as well as ask a brick wall.
By the time you found someone that you could speak with who actually
knew what you were talking about, you'd have grey hair.  Other than
that, you'd have to obtain (or find someone who has) a device capable
of tuning QAM signals *but* that can't decrypt an encrypted signal
(like, say, an HD-3000, once the support is there, or possible a new
TV, if you can find one with a QAM tuner).  Then just try tuning
digital cable channels and see what shows up.

-JAC