[mythtv-users] is there an easy way to reboot in software through myth

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:45:55 EST 2005

> Hello, I am using myth with a 350 pvr and everything seems to work
> well as long as i restart the system after i delete multiple
> recordings.  Is there any easy way to have myth fix the sql database
> and then reboot the computer?  I'm somewhat new to linux so any
> descriptions would really help.

Not sure exactly what you're doing. How are you deleting these
recordings exactly? Are you deleting them by hand, or something?

You should be able to delete recordings under the Manage Recordings
menu which deletes the files from disk and updates the mythtv
database. You certainly shouldn't need to reboot afterwards.

And yes, you can reboot through software - just logon as root and type
"reboot" (without the quotes) at the command line. But you shouldn't
need to just because you deleted some recordings....

Regards,
Phill