[mythtv-users] FC3, HD-3000, PVR-350...HELP!

Jason Weinstein potuncle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:07:56 EST 2005

I don't think I can even list all the problems, attempted solutions,
and problems with my attempted solutions, but am hoping someone out
there has a similar setup and can help me start on the right path.

I had a sucessful FC3 & PVR-350 setup going and then I tried to add my
brand-spanking-new pcHDTV HD-3000 and in the process I seem to have
broken everything.

I am currently trying with a fresh install of FC3 and following both
Jarod's guide (http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php), David George's
guide (http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/ &
http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/267.html), along with numerous posts on
mythtv-users, mythtv-dev, and the pcHDTV forums. David George's pages
seem useful, but some of the links to patches are invalid.

What, i think, would really help are answers to the following questions:

- What kernel should I be using (2.6.7, 2.6.9, or 2.6.9-1.724_FC3) ?
- Which patches should I apply to the kernel (kraxel, David Georges,
pcHDTV's, any other v4l patches)?
- Which version of ivtv (0.2.0-rc3d, 0.3.2b, 0.2.0rc3a) ?
- What should my modprobe.conf include?

Please remember I'm trying to get both the HD-3000 (for ATSC) and the
PVR-350 (for NTSC) working and I don't care/need the TV-out of the
PVR-350.

Thanks much,

Jason