[mythtv-users] nvidia geforce MX 4000 and blank/black screen

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Jan 19 08:07:27 EST 2005

Frank smith wrote:
> Hi
> Yes I to have problems with the Fx5200 and 6629.
> Will this effect play back of Mythtv ?
> Does it need the GLX stuff?

What are you asking?  If you are having the problems described in the
forums at nvnews.net, you will need to back off to 6111.  The problem is
severe corruption of the screen; if you have it, you couldn't even run
the Myth GUI to see if videos play OK.  If you are having some other
problem, it can't hurt to try backing off.

Myth can use OpenGL for syncing with the vertical refresh and for cool
transitions in MythGallery.  Other than that it doesn't need OpenGL.

-Doug