[mythtv-users] Re: possible to automate music and video manager scans?

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Wed Jan 19 11:04:21 EST 2005

>  Hello all,
>Is it possible to automate the music library and video library scans?

I just saw this posting over on the Dev list, which offers some hope
that this may be able to be added easily in the future (at least for
the video list portion):

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/104294

I'd love to see this functionality added to the MythTV disribution so
that the list could be updated via the command line - perhaps by
adding it to cron or a script that gets run when launching MythVideo.
As it stands, I'm constantly going through all the motions of going
to MythTV>Settings>Video Manager and then backing out before I run
MythVideo, just to make sure its up-to-date.