[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:11:04 EST 2005

At 20:18 19/01/2005, you wrote:
>Now that we've had a nice long thread discussing distributions, let's
>talk about window managers. KDE and Gnome sould like *way* too much
>overhead for a Myth frontend. Anyone using other window managers?

Lots of people here using stuff like Fluxbox and other *boxes, EvilWM,
RatPoison... all of them are pretty lightweight and require the bare
minimum of external libraries, if any. None of my Myth boxes have Gnome or
KDE installed, and Qt is pretty much the only GUI library I have.

XFCE is quite popular for people who want a lightweight WM/DE but still
want a fairly good desktop for non-Myth usage; for a dedicated box, it's
overkill.