[mythtv-users] Mythtv Distro Help

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Wed Jan 19 16:28:47 EST 2005

I know nothing about Fedora.  That being said the 2.6 kernel has support
for the ati rf remote.   There are patches/modules for older kernels, I
think.

Once thats loaded and you get some letters when you press buttons on the
remote, you then load xev to figure out the keys and then create a file
like .Xmodmap to map them as you need them.

sakura root # cat .Xmodmap
keycode 233 = period
keycode 158 = Escape
keycode 146 = M
keycode 108 = Next

Then run

xmodmap .Xmodmap

This sounds quite different from what your doing, so it may not help...