[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:14:29 EST 2005

> Now that we've had a nice long thread discussing distributions, let's
> talk about window managers. KDE and Gnome sould like *way* too much
> overhead for a Myth frontend. Anyone using other window managers?

I use ratpoison. This is a lightweight, low disk space hog, mouse-less
window manager (you use keyboard shortcuts to fire up any apps you may
need - the only app I ever fire up is xterm).

It works very well and is simple to use. There's a very small amount
of setup required to stop using KDE and start using this but I have
all the details if you need it. It's very easy. Its home page is at
http://www.nongnu.org/ratpoison/

Regards,
Phill