[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

M Smith quaff at clippersoft.net
Wed Jan 19 19:39:35 EST 2005

Roy Murphy wrote:

>Now that we've had a nice long thread discussing distributions, let's
>talk about window managers. KDE and Gnome sould like *way* too much
>overhead for a Myth frontend. Anyone using other window managers?

Sorry - I've always been curious - what's so wrong with KDE?  I have a
Barton2500 w/ 512MB RAM on a combined frontend/backend box.  Are the
lightweight WMs more for people with Epia boxes, and/or those that just
want to try something else?  I'm just wondering if there would be any
actual benefit for setup's like mine to switch to a lighter WM?

Thanks.
Matt