[mythtv-users] The next version of MythTV

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 01:21:00 EST 2005

> I daresay what's clearly needed most of all is a help system, so
> new users do not remain unaware of features and commands open to
> them.   I'm not too surprised the users are unaware of this, you have
> to go into  mythweb (which many users might not even know exists)
> and set up keystrokes for the jump commands for all your frontends
> (independently) then LIRC configuration to have your remote issue those
> keys.

As a fairly new user of mythtv, I have to agree that a help system or
"new user documentation" would be helpful. Something non-technical and
more user manual related. I found that the documentation available for
mythtv was good, and reasonably thorough, although lacking a few
(common?) technical issues, but I have only been able to find a couple
pages worth of how to use mythtv itself. One thing that I thought
rocked about my ReplayTV was it came with a recorded "show" of how to
use the box. It was about a half hour long, and showed how each menu
worked and how to schedule shows, etc.

I'd be willing to help contribute to a user manual, although, I'm
still learning how to use mythtv by trial and error. :)

-Kenneth