[mythtv-users] Getting Started

Mark Gardner markgard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:01:58 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:26:44 -0600, Bill Williams <billw at knology.net> wrote:
>  I'm new to the list and MythTV!
>

>  My goal is to build a PVR that's not much (if any) larger than an average
> VCR, has the power necessary to really do the job, but also has low noise
> and doesn't generate excessive heat.
>
>  I'm looking for pointers on a mobo and case that will get the job done.
> Cost matters less than hitting the noise, heat, and size targets because I
> plan to take my time and buy components over a period of months.

I use this case here.
http://www.mythonsuse.org/index.php/Master_Frontend/Backend_hardware
 My wife loves it cause it's only just a little bigger than the VCR.
It's full size so the PVR 350 fits in with no problem.   I have an
micro Atx motherboard and intel P4.   My only complaint is that the
processor fan is VERY loud. remidiable by purchasing a quieter fan.  I
had an AMD mobo combo in this case earlier this year and it was wisper
quiet so i know it wasnt the case.

--
            _\ | /_
           (@ @)