[mythtv-users] Documentation: mythweb on debian

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:42:06 EST 2005

I've just got mythweb going on my Knoppix system, though this tip
should apply to any Debian derivative.  Mysql was not listening to the
network, so mythweb could not connect to it.

I had to adjust /etc/mysql/my.cfg as follows:

Comment out the line starting "skip-networking":

#
# The skip-networking option will no longer be set via debconf menu.
# You have to manually change it if you want networking i.e. the server
# listening on port 3306. The default is "disable" - for security reasons.
#skip-networking

and do

/etc/init.d/mysql restart

Perhaps this should go into the mysql and/or mythweb sections of the
documentation. I hope this helps somebody one day.

Andrew