[mythtv-users] 1 PVR-250 for Digital and Anolog Cable

Andy Long andymyth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:26:04 EST 2005

Yes, go to radio shack and get some splitter cables.  If you only have
one output, that's your only option.

However, in thinking about it, why?  If you are going to be using your
cable box for Myth, why do you need any of the outputs of the cable
box hooked to the TV?  It would seem to me ithe cables should go

Cable Box ----> MythBox ----> TV

I guess I'm just confused.  Why not just use the HD box for
everything?  Does your analog cable carry channels your digital/HD box
doesn't get or something?

For sound, I think your guess is right.  You'll probably need a Mini
Stereo converter cord to do the sound (also available from Radio
Shack.)  Then plug it into the line in on the PVR250's line in.