[mythtv-users] ivtv, nuv files and DVDs

dfleming at swings.2y.net dfleming at swings.2y.net
Fri Jan 21 11:25:20 EST 2005

I've been obsessively struggling for some time trying to create a DVD
with some of the shows I've recorded with MythTV.  My system uses a
PVR-250 and it seemed that regardless of how I used mencoder, avidemux
etc. I could not get an mpeg that kept the audio in sync; it would
always progressively drift out of sync.  Anyhow, I found a solution:
VideoReDo.

http://www.drdsystems.com/VideoReDo/index.htm

VideoReDo has tool called "QuickStream Fix".  I can run this tool
directly on the nuv file and it outputs a remuxed and corrected mpeg
that I can burn to DVD without a problem.  It's also quite fast.  An
hour-long recording is remuxed in roughly 2 minutes on my Athlon XP
2400.  If anyone is aware of a Linux equivalent I would love to know
about it.

---Dan