[mythtv-users] Re: Whats the most stable system at the monent?

Poul Petersen petersp at mail.alleft.com
Fri Jan 21 14:16:55 EST 2005

Question: "Whats the most stable system at the monent?"
Answer: "The one that doesn't crash"

	But seriously, there is a bit of voodoo magic in all of this. I
had a RedHat 9 box with a bttv/btaudio capture card that couldn't stay
up for more than 6 days without an Oops. I eventually replaced
*everything* except for the capture cards (MB, Ram, HD) and upgraded
to FC1 and now it's fine. I've got other RedHat 9 servers (NFS, etc)
that *never* crash. I've even got another RH9 box with software capture
cards that crashes every now and then, but much less often than
every 6 days. There are too many factors to boil it down to a "stable
system at the moment". General sysadmin state machine applies:

1) Is it working?
     YES -> STOP
     NO -> #2
2) Change something -> 1