[mythtv-users] Asus s-presso/MSI mega 180 compatability

Ger Apeldoorn g.apeldoorn at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 22 12:56:44 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm shopping for a barebone pc, especially for Mythtv. I'd like one with
a tuner and cdplayer that can operate while the OS is not running.
Furthermore, only a nice colorful display makes my wife happy with such
a thing. :)

My eye has fallen on the S-Presso by Asus or the MSI Mega 180 (dlx).
Some questions arise: Does anyone have any experience with these? Are
all hardware components compatible with Linux? (Preferably Mandrake)

Both manufacturers state that their products are compatible with Windows
only, but I think this is because of the "media center" software that
comes with the hardware.

I would be grateful if anyone that has got any experience with these
barebones or with something similar would share their experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Ger Apeldoorn
Netherlands.

PS: Links to info of both machines: