[mythtv-users] buidling mythfilldatabase with qt embedded: exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sat Jan 22 18:46:02 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 21:44 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I really gotta get this QT/E & DirectFB build figured out.  The picture
> on X on the framebuffer at 800x600 really sucks rocks!  Have not tried
> 640x480 yet though.  Don't really want to invest the vast amounts of
> time needed to mess around with fbset timings and so forth as X is only
> a temporary solution until the QT/E problems above are solved.
>
> DirectFB on the G400 is the only way to go.

Don't hold out too much hope. I used Myth on QTE/DFB with my G550 to
start with, because it seemed to be the way to go. However, there's lots
of problems with that. Can't remember them all but I seem to remember
the menus didn't render well, there were various focus issues, and
problems with video overlays.

I gave up after a couple of weeks and I've now been running on X for a
few months, much better.

Cheers,

Martin.