[mythtv-users] My MP3s sound different in mythmusic

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 23 10:09:54 EST 2005

Robert Denier wrote:

> I'm guessing that somehow mythmusic is playing back 44.1kHz mp3's at
> 48kHz.  This would cause a pitch shift upwards of 48/44.1  and a time
> shift such that
> played time = (44.1/48)*(actual_time).You will need to look around the
> myth music setup and see what can be set.  If their is an option to
> change the sampling rate, try setting it differently and see what you
> get.

Hmm. that could be the reason, thanx.

> My own system I could never get to playback to the spdif output since
> mythmusic doesn't support ALSA at least not the 0.16 version of it
> anyway.  I could never get asound.conf to do anything useful with
> anyones files/examples, but specifing ALSA:spdif works fine in
> mythtv.  (shuttle xpc nforce 2/amd board.)

Found this solution in mythtv-users (or is it alsa list?) sometime ago.
My spdif device is [0,4], so in modprobe.conf I have this line "options
snd-pcm-oss adsp_map=4", and I point mythmusic's sound device to
/dev/adsp. /dev/adsp now becomes the digital out device.

i use /dev/adsp in both xmms and mythmusic.. No ideas yet why
mythmusic's pitch seems to be higher, guess I'd find out once I figure
out how to do configure the .asoundrc stuffs (right now I don't have any).

Regards.