[mythtv-users] Better lirc files?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Jan 23 13:57:15 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> >>Jarod has shared his on wilsonet.com. You can find it at
> >>http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/lircd-g3.conf.txt
> >>

> >That is NOT the .lircrc file. That is the /etc/lircd.conf which is listed
> >about one and a half page before the .lircrc file mentioned in the same
> >guide.
> >
> >I get all the right responses when testing with irw but just a few of them
> >with mythtv. This .lircrc sample file is using CH+ where the lircd file is
> >generating Channel-UP for example.
> >

> Reminder.  MythTV does not use the .lircrc file in the home directory of
> the user that runs mythfrontend.  It uses it's own LIRC file in
> ~/.mythtv/lircrc.  Are you putting the options in the right file?  IRW
> will by default use the ~/.lircrc and not the mythtv one which could
> explain your differing results.

irw does not care about any lircrc file. I could test irw just fine before
I ever came to the lircrc file. irw only relies on the config for lircd
which is done in /etc/lirc.conf

For example in my /etc/lircd.conf there is:

                UP      0x0000000000001794
                LEFT    0x0000000000001F96
                Channel-UP      0x0000000000001FA0
                Channel-DOWN    0x00000000000017A1

It shows this fine when I run irw

However I tried to put the file in ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc besides putting
it in ~mythtv/.lircrc and thre is some improvement.

But the way channel up/down is done is a bit odd. Up means decreasing the
channel number in the guide but increasing the channel number when
watching the liveTV.

And it is missing vital keys like UP and DOWN to navigate the menu so I
would still appreciate to see better working versions.

Hugo.