[mythtv-users] Menu GUI offset working?

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sun Jan 23 15:43:35 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 11:24 -0800, Michael Wester wrote:
> I've done a big google search and haven't found a definitive answer.
> I've got a fresh SuSE 9.2 install of MythTV v0.16 using my PVR-350
> tv-out on a Pundit-R.  Everything works great.  Only issue I have is
> setting GUI offset.  Changes to gui width and height work, but offset
> seems to do nothing, and my menus are running off the left side of the
> screen.  I found one post asking where the settings were saved in the
> database, but no information regarding a solution.  I've also seen
> posts where the offset commands were broken in v0.14.  Has this been
> fixed?  Anyone know of a workaround?  Also, once I get my notes in
> order, I will try to get my install info to whoever was compiling this
> info for SuSE...  Thanks for any insight.

This is probably your window manager ignoring the position request by
mythtv. Try a different window manager.

There are loads to choose from. For a dedicated myth machine, ratpoison
works well and is very popular. I'm very happy with it. The topic of
which window manager comes up every week, so just check the archives.

Cheers,

Martin.