[mythtv-users] Re: scheduled mythfilldatabase errors. manual mythfilldatabase runs fine (tv_grab_au)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jan 24 08:10:29 EST 2005

In message <5df8077005012403595bc3e29 at mail.gmail.com>
        David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...I chased this up with the xmltv dudes and they told me I need
> to get back in touch with Myth as it appears to their problem.  So
> here I am again...
>
> I looked in the logs and have found the following...
> 2005-01-05 21:14:02 mythbackend: Running mythfilldatabase
> 2005-01-05 21:14:02 Running mythfilldatabase
> 2005-01-05 21:14:02 mythfilldatabase: Listings Download Started
> ----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
> nice: tv_grab_au: No such file or directory

This is a rather major clue to your problem... When mythfilldatabase
tries to start tv_grab_au it doesn't find it.

> which makes me think that the file is not in the path.  This is what
> has confused me becuase when I run mythfilldatabase from a terminal it
> works fine, but when I run it from a cron.d job or as a daily task
> within myth, it errors out.

Presumably the path your interactive login is using is different from
that which cron/myth are using. Where have you put tv_grab_au? On my
machine the tv_grab_xxx scripts are in /usr/bin.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/