[mythtv-users] program recording scheduling bug(?)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 24 15:06:46 EST 2005

I have my program recording schedule set up in manner that ended up
producing a conflict which I don't think was resolved optimally
automatically.

The situation was that there were two programs I wanted to record.
Let's call them program-A and program-B.  Program-A was on two channels
at the same time but the same episode, not uncommon.  Program-B, same
episode (with complete name, title and description) was on the same
channel at two different times, however the first time was conflicting
with Program-A.

The scheduler however was showing the first showing of program-B and
program-A in conflict with Program-B winning the conflict and the second
showing of program-B as being recorded earlier.  So to graphicalize:

Scheduled Recordings:                Time Conflict
| 1/30 10:00 PM 6  ABCD  Program-A - Title-1   C  |
| 1/30 10:00 PM 9  DEFG  Program-A - Title-1   C  |
| 1/30 10:00 PM 42 HIJK  Program-B - Title-2   1  |
| 1/30 11:15 PM 42 HIJK  Program-B - Title-2   E  |

IMHO, the second showing of Program-B should be scheduled to record as
well as the only showing of Program-A.  I can effect this to happen by
reducing the priority of Program-B, but that is not really what I want
because if the second showing of Program-B were not happening, I would
want to record it and not record Program-A, so it's priority should not
really be lower than Program-A.

Thots?

b.