[mythtv-users] Xine - IVTV on PVR350 output

stephen mythmail at nb.sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 24 17:13:51 EST 2005

MadPatrick wrote:
> When watching DVD with Xine on the output of my PVR350 on a FC1 system is
> very slow.
>
> I've read that this is because Xine and IVTV are not yet made for each
> other.
>
> Does anybody has an solution to watch DVD's on the tv-out or an solution to
> work with Xine.
>
> Thanks
>
> Patrick

I use xine to play DVDs over my PVR350's tv-out using this command:

xine -f -I -V xshm --audio-driver alsa --no-logo --no-splash dvd://

my frontend is a pIII 733 with 384MB, and i'm running gentoo (with
evilwm for a window manager).

i've noticed that it will play widescreen content just great, but
something in fullscreen (i.e. a tv series) is kind of choppy.

stephen