[mythtv-users] What goes in modules.conf?

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Mon Jan 24 17:29:56 EST 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 10:30 pm, Frutillar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using ivtv 0.3.2a along with lirc 0.7.0 and I am not sure if my
> modules.conf file is complete.
>
> ================================
> $ cat /etc/modules.conf
> alias char-major-81   videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias char-major-61   lirc_i2c
> add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
> ================================
>
> I am using this with
> PVR-350
> Mandrake 10.1 (2.6.8.1-12mdk)
> MythTV 0.16
>
> Thanks!

I don't believe there is an "add above" option any longer in 2.6 kernels (such
as MDK10.1).  Check out Jarod's site for configuring FC3.  The section on
setting up your modprobe.conf file (MDK may still use modules.conf in 10.1)
should use the same syntax.  Make sure you look at the IVTV setup section of
The Guide as well as the LIRC setup section.  That should answer all of your
questions on syntax.

Personally, I use a slightly different setup that has a
modified /etc/rc.d/init.d/lircd file that loads the LIRC modules on its own
so that I can avoid tricks in the modprobe.conf to get them to load.  I can
send you my daemon files if you want to try it that way.  HTH!

-- Harry O.