[mythtv-users] URC-6131 & ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc not working

John waligory at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:32:41 EST 2005

Okay I took a look at the lircrc file a bit closer and I modified the
lines in the above suggestion and tried loading it again.  Still no
go.  Same error on same lines.  So then I decided to put a space
between "#begin"  and "#end" for the first "POWER button" setting.
Now this shouldn't make a difference since there are other lines
further down that are commented out like this but my hope would be
that the error would move to a different line.  Well it worked!
Lircrc loaded without any errors and now the remote works (even with
the lines as they are below).  Go figure.  Attached is my "working"
lircrc file.  Still need to tweak buttons. :)

John

P.S. When I enter a channel number it doesn't change to that channel
instead it displays info about it at the bottom of the screen.  Is
this a setting somewhere in myth?  Again Thanks for all the help.