[mythtv-users] Re: scheduled mythfilldatabase errors. manual mythfilldatabase runs fine (tv_grab_au)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Jan 25 05:29:53 EST 2005

In message <5df807700501250216559775b1 at mail.gmail.com>
        David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply mate.  Can I ask how I could possibly update the
> path for the non-interactive root login?  I am a linux noob and paths
> are definately one of the areas that I don't yet understand.

Well if you're going to get myth to run it then you could edit
whatever script is starting the backend to make it add /usr/local/bin
to the path before it starts the backend.

For cron the best solution is probably to write a small shell script
in /usr/local/bin or something that adjusts the path and then runs
mythfilldatabase and then schedule that script with cron.

The other option is to put tv_grab_au in /usr/bin or something so that
it is on the default path. I can understand not wanting to do that if
it isn't part of a package though as I wouldn't want to either.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/