[mythtv-users] Re: PVR250 + Nova-T Nightmare.

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:06:12 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 03:53:29 +0100, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:57:47PM +0000, Christopher McEwan wrote:
> > Okay Im trying to get my Nova-T and PVR250 working through mythtv, I
> > have hit a hurdle at the very first step.
> >
> > In order to get the Nova-T working I need to re-compile the kernel and
> > add in support for it (its the new nova-t) but if I do that I have a
> > nightmare trying to add in all the stuff for the pvr 250 (ivtv etc)
> >
> > If I follow Jarod's guide I can get the PVR 250 working no probs, and
> > I can get the Nova-T working on 2.6.9+ kernel no problem. I just cant
> > get them both to work on the same kernel. I really want to stick to
> > using apt, but when I re-compiled the fedora core 3 kernel using the
> > src.rpm (and added in the v4l2 kernel patches for dvb) I couldnt
> > apt-get the alsa kernel driver as it wanted to install the 2.6.9-1.724
> > kernel (which was the version I was running after re-compiling it).
> >
> > Any ideas about how to get them both working would be greatly
> > appreciated, I have been working on getting everything back up for 4
> > days now !
>
> The new Nova-T is supported in both the v4l and the linux-dvb-cvs
> kmdls at ATrpms. No need to recompile anything, you just need to
> choose v4l or linux-dvb.
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Axel,

Thanyou for your help. That little pointer was what I needed to get me
going in the right direction again. For some reason I got it into my
head that it couldnt be that simple lol ! I think I spent that long
running it through my head that I missed the bleeding obvious !

Just when I thought it was simple lol !  I had big problems with IVTV
when trying to use the 2.6.10-1.737_FC3 (and it seems 741), when
modprobing I get i2c client problems and Error -19 problems in dmesg.

The end result is that the card is working but thinks its NTSC and
wont tune using ptune-ui (all following jarods guide to the letter).

Ive googled for it and got a found a few others that had the problem
but no fixes.

Im was going to try dropping back to FC3 2.6.9 kernel but noticed you
dont seem to be supporting the kmdl's for it. I guess I will keep on
working on it !

--
Regards,

~CM