[mythtv-users] I can't beleive it's this.... complex

Jeff Thompson jthomps at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:21:08 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:54:09 -0500, Michael Haan
<michael_haan at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm actually fairly proficient with Linux (10 years or so).  I tried to go
> with Gentoo, but the install immediately complained about setting MOUSE and
> MOUSEDEV in gpm.  I decided not to muck with that any further and switched
> back to the distro I've been using for the past year or so - originally SuSE
> 9.1, now 9.2.  At first, I couldn't get mysql installed.  It was only after
> I tried the 32 bit version (64 bit install has some odd perl reqs) that I
> did.  Then, after searching for some SuSE specific install instructions (I
> came across Øystein Olsen's page, but would prefer to stick with YaST and
> not go down the apt-get path), I decided to try and run through the MythTV
> site's instructions.  For 4.3, it mentions needing to have the QT binaries.
> I must admit, I don't what these are, but also can't seem to find them for
> my setup (and they don't seem to be installed as there is no qmake on my
> system).  Anyway, that's where I am at.  I like SuSE a-lot and would prefer
> to stay with it.  However, if I can get Gentoo to work, I could be persuaded
> to go that route (though I don't think I want to go the FC2/3 route).
> Thanks for any input.

Since I don't run SuSE, I can't point you to *exactly* the package you
need to install, but on Fedora, here are the qt packages I have
installed:

qt-devel-3.3.3
qt-MySQL-3.3.3
qt-3.3.3
qt-designer-3.3.3

Try to track down/install these packages on SuSE then post again if
you get stuck. BTW, qt-designer might not be required, I can't
remember... :)

Thanks,

--
Jeff Thompson