[mythtv-users] Re: MPEG2->MPEG2 cut spinning

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Jan 25 10:48:34 EST 2005

Steve Christall <mythtv at mctubster.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if it is to do with DVB files, which is the file I am
> trying to cut the ads out of  ....... is there a trick with this kind of
> NUV file vs one from my PVR350?  Do I have to do something to it first?

Hmmm.  I don't know to be sure.  All my testing was with PVR250 recordings.  I
don't know what kinda stuff the DVB code gave.  As there is now a new DVB patch
in CVS (and a large one at that), the output of DVB from Myth may well change
in the future.  However, that doesn't help with your old recordings.

One thing to try perhaps would be to demux and remux the file, then try
mpeg2cut on it (you can write down the command line args sent by nuvexport).
I have no DVB recordings to test with, it could be avidemux gets bent on them
somehow.

Good luck.
Gavin