[mythtv-users] xbox myth and hdtv

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Jan 25 11:11:59 EST 2005

>Well, I'm designing a home theatre, and looking to buy a hdtv
>big screen.

Cool.  Let us know which TV you buy...  Or projector.

>Does myth frontend, running on xbox use the hdtv output to
>get better picture?

Dunno.  But I doubt an xbox has the **oomph** to do HDTV
as well as a PC with a DVI connector or some sort of
VGA->component adapter.

>does it use progressive out for dvd's,

Depends on a couple factors I think...

how you rip the DVD or what your DVD drive can do or
what your video card can do.

>and does myth play dvd iso's, just like xbox media center does?

I know it will play dvd iso's using xine.  This is not the default
player for myth (mplayer is), but is very easy to use xine to
play dvd iso's.

There are a few DVD iso's I have kept, but I've ripped most of
them down to the main movie.  The only ISOs I've kept are
the foreign films where I need subtitles to follow along with
my wife and the ones that have games on them that my kids like
to play.

>and does it support dvd menu's from the iso files?

xine does.  mplayer doesn't- yet.

Paul

Good luck!