[mythtv-users] Unavailable channels with Dual Tuners

huffman at graze.net huffman at graze.net
Tue Jan 25 14:28:18 EST 2005

All,

    I have two different tuners installed (with different sources).  When I view
the EPG, it correctly shows the union of the channel lineups.  However, when one
tuner is recording, the EPG still shows all shows (even though the ones that
tuner 1 handles aren't available).  In addition, if I try to change channels (in
livetv) to a channel that tuner 1 can access, but tuner 2 cannot, nothing
happens - there is no message, and the channel stays as is.

Is this the correct behaviour?  Does anyone have a workaround?  In the single
tuner situation or in a situation where all tuners are used, mythtv knows to pop
up a window saying all tuners are currently being used.  I would think it should
do the same if you try to select a channel associated with a tuner that *is* in
use.

Thanks,
Brian