[mythtv-users] Continuation of quest - MPEG2->MPEG2 with DVB data

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Jan 25 14:29:34 EST 2005

 	I'm knee-deep in the quest.  I'm currently trying to find a sort
of MPEG2 stream analyzer, but with very minimal success.  I'm trying to
enlist the help of a local coding guru to maybe hack up some existing
tools into one.  Here's what I've found:

replex: Very nice at "cleaning" up MPEG2 files, reordering frames, and
possibly keeping/fixing PTS issues

GOPchop: Still a bit broke
gopdit:  See above, but less so
vk_tools: Moldy, old, and slightly broken, but much closer to an analyzer

I'm thinking maybe something like an ethernet packet sniffer... look at
*all* parts of the MPEG stream.  It'd be good to be able to select by
PIDs, stream types, NAV packets, etc, etc... all the goodies that are
often overlooked in an "MPEG2 file"

Anyone know of anything like this?  It could certainly help figure out
some of the seemingly random issues in all the different types of MPEG2
out there.

-Cory