[mythtv-users] imdb.pl not returning any results

Jason Koeninger jkoenin at jjcc.com
Tue Jan 25 21:39:43 EST 2005

On Jan 25, 2005, at 7:22 PM, Khanh Tran wrote:

> I've noticed my MythVideo IMDB search is not returning any results
> recently.  I did a little digging and found that the URL imdb.pl is
> returning is:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/find?;q=test
>
> Where the website is actually more like:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/find?q=test
>
> Anyone experience this?  Is it fixed in an updated .pl?

If no options are included with the -M argument to imdb.pl, the url
will have the semicolon in it and won't return any results.  If you
have options, they will be included before the semicolon, and you can
get results with such a url from a web browser.  It looks like the
website tends to put the "q" argument before the options, but it seems
to work either way as long as there's something before the semicolon.
Nevertheless, I still don't get anything from the script and just end
up using the IMDB id manually.

I haven't looked at the latest CVS to see if the script has
changed...using 0.16 right now.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting