[mythtv-users] Fluorescent stripe at the bottom of the screen when viewing

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Tue Jan 25 22:16:04 EST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 9:46 pm, jani wrote:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36871
>
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:00:28 -0500, Anthony Vito <anthony.vito at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 January 2005 2:14 pm, John Johnson wrote:
> > > It's a flashing, pulsating green/blue stripe at the bottom of the
> > > screen.

Not the same issue at all.  I believe the problem referred to on the nVidia
site is for a solid blue line, related to the overlay.  The issue here, as
described, is a flourescent stripe (I would refer to it as resembling a
rainbow or a diffraction pattern).  I don't think the nVidia issue involved a
color change.  This issue is "pulsating" or shifting through the colors,
which I believe indicates the conversion of subcarrier data (VBI) to
displayable colors.  My only theory so far is that the data passed to Myth
from the ivtv driver has changed since version 0.1.9 of the driver and now
includes VBI data where it did not before (or, at least, some non-displayable
data).  I have yet to have this hypothesis verified by anyone.

-- Harry O.