[mythtv-users] Re: xbox myth and hdtv

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 22:10:28 EST 2005

--- Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 03:39 pm, Brad Templeton
> wrote:
> > Myth's xvmc support still has some issues as far
> as being able to seek,
> > with various other ones reported.
>
> Would you stop repeating this crap?  As far as I'm
> aware, it's not true.

I can state with some certainty that XvMC does not
work under Myth 0.16 with nVidia 6111 drivers.  I am
not on CVS so I can't state that XvMC doesn't work
with current code, right now.  But I have not heard of
anyone having success with HDTV streams using XvMC
under Myth.

Issues are: The display freezes when you try to skip
forward or back, it also freezes whenever the OSD goes
away. I have not heard of any checkins which address
these problems, but I may not have seen them go by.

There are also playback problems with 720p and 1080i
streams with slow motion, jerky motion or stuttering
in time, but there have been checkins to address these
issues and they may be fixed now.