[mythtv-users] upcoming movies with *** or more?

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:54:37 EST 2005

> Thanks!  That works perfectly.  Isn't open source wonderful?
>
> By the way, the patch is a bit corrupted in that archive, but I made
> the changes by hand.  I've attached the patch here in case others
> want to try it.  (I didn't do the HD labelling part, though.)

hehe, I did the same thing! I should have just waited and gotten your
updated patch

It would probably be more user-friendly to have a dropdown box next to
the search window that listed off:

Any rating
1 star+
1.5 star+
2 star+
etc

not that I mind typing in the stars, just that future users wouldn't
think to do it, but they would definitely click the box to shorten the
list of movies

> I think it might be practical if limited to 4 star movies, especially
> if expiry can be made more sophisticated.  Large movies recorded by
> such a rule could be made to expire earlier than other recordings, for
> example.  I'd also like to be able to have different expiry times
> based on the priority of a recording.  Are features like this in the
> works?
>
> > A 4* and above search might not be out of the question.   In CVS Myth you
> > can also do a generlized SQL query to do this
>
> Sounds like a nice new feature.  Is this to do the recording or just
> the searching?
>
> Dan

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites