[mythtv-users] adjusting the color and hue of a particular channel at record time with pvr-250

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Jan 26 14:26:22 EST 2005

> Right.  You misunderstood me.  I said "strange omission on the part of
> the hardware".  I would have thought the hardware (i.e. the PVR-250
> card) would have had the ability to (i.e. by programming registers, just
> like programming encoding qualities such as bitrate and so on) adjust
> the color/hue/saturation/balance, etc. of the signal coming out of the
> tuner before going into the compressor (i.e. all on the card).
>

>ivtvctl
<snip>
   -y --set-ctrl=[ctrl]=<val>
                      sets the control to the value specified [VIDIOC_S_CTRL]
      ctrl:
       brightness     =<#> Picture brightness, or more precisely, the black level. [0 - 255]
       hue            =<#> Hue or color balance. [-128 - 127]
       saturation     =<#> Picture color saturation or chroma gain. [0 - 127]
       contrast       =<#> Picture contrast or luma gain. [0 - 127]
       volume         =<#> Overall audio volume. [0 - 65535]
       mute           =<#> Mute audio, i. e. set the volume to zero [boolean]

 	It's there within the saa7115 capture chip.  No resistors
required... just an adjustment on the capture chip before it even gets to
the MPEG encoder.  Don't know how to have mythtv do it on a per channel
basis, but that's been more or less covered by others.

-Cory