[mythtv-users] adjusting the color and hue of a particular channel at record time with pvr-250

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jan 26 14:52:03 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 11:39 -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:

> Oops, brain fart =). Of course the channel table holds the tuner
> picture settings for the v4l ioctls. These can can be modified
> directly in the database or with the "G" key in live TV.

Indeed.

> These
> modify the settings that the hardware or software encoders will use
> whenever it starts encoding that channel again.

So if I make adjustments on every channel using the G key, the last
adjustments are saved for that channel for all future LiveTV viewing and
recording?  This sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

> These adjustments
> do not affect HDTV or DVB as there is no local encoding and the
> colors are set in the digital information already when received.

Of course.

> The "F" key can also be used for Xv adjustments for the output
> regardless of hardware, software or digital if you've selected
> the "Use Xv controls" option.

Indeed, which I might need to employ for stuff I have already recorded
on that crappy channel.

Thanx much!

b.