[mythtv-users] How do I now cut out commercials?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 19:35:32 EST 2005

> > What you want is to edit the recording and mark the commercial skip areas.
>
> I've of course created a cut list. That's not the question.

Once you've created a cut list you then need to bring up the on screen
menu for that recording and choose transcode. This will remove the cut
lists. You may want to make sure that your transcode settings are
correct before you start or you may end up converting a nice compact
mpeg4 file into a jumbo-size rtjpeg.

Regards,
Phill