[mythtv-users] MythTV and PowerPC compile

Francois Prowse fp at prowse.co.nz
Thu Jan 27 03:39:56 EST 2005

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to compile the latest
MythTV CVS for
the powerpc processor.

So, far I've edited the settings.pro file to have -mcpu=7450 as this is
a G4 processor
with altivec etc. This allowed me to start the compile ok, but
eventually broke with
error messages

are/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/qt3 -o
cpu_accel.o cpu_accel.c
 {standard input}: Assembler messages:
 {standard input}:157: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vand' make[2]: ***
[cpu_accel.o] Error 1
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xxxxxx/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythmpeg2'

So, suspecting there are some x86 dependencies with libmythmpeg2 this
was removed from libs/libs.pro

Now when I compile I get as far as

 yuv2rgb.cpp:37:35: Accelerate/Accelerate.h: No such file or directory
 yuv2rgb.cpp: In function `void altivec_yuv420_2vuy(uint8_t*, uint8_t*,
 uint8_t*, uint8_t*, int, int, int, int, int)':
 \

So, it looks like this is now bumming out in that I don't have a gcc
compiler with altivec support. I've tried commenting out/removing
altivec support from settings.pro with no success.

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated, this is
all under Debian PPC BTW.

Also, once I get this going, does anyone know of support for MythTV to
communicate with a Motorola/General Instruments CFT3304 Cable Decoder?
This box has an IR (output afaik) and a serial port (looks to be 4 pins)
which the manual states to be for a printer!

Any help apprecited

re

Francois