[mythtv-users] MythLED Picture

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Thu Jan 27 14:26:43 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:20:10AM -0500, John Kuhn wrote:
> any chance of producing some of these for the rest of us?
>
> or at least posting plans on how to build one?

Another simple idea I've toyed with, which doesn't require building any
hardware (or any extra hardware at all) or software for many of us, is to
get a cheap, small monitor and hook it up to the 2nd head of your video
card (which many of us have.)

Something like this (out of stock) would also be cool
    http://tekgems.com/Products/et-7326-mon-pcm-4.htm?frg

You can also find surplus displays for POS systems, 9 inch CRTs, older
generation smaller flat planel and (with some wiring work) surplus laptop
flat panels all for fairly low prices.

Then you could just put mythweb's or mythfrontend's status display up on
that.  If you were adventurous you could write a fancier console program
for mythtv with constant status plus constant on-screen-display for what
you are watching.

Ok, maybe that's overkill, it's just that the old surplus technology has
gotten so cheap, and many of us have a 2nd head (or spare slot for an
old generation pci video card from years ago etc.)