[mythtv-users] Hack a Tivo or roll up my sleeves?

Julian cerebro70 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 15:48:59 EST 2005

Thanks for the replies.  I think I am gonna be
adventurous and try to build X.org with the TV out
drivers from the Gatos project.  Is it best to
download the source rpms or get it direct from X.org?
I have followed Jarod's HOWTO, and to my understanding
need to rebuild X to build and use the GATOS drivers.

Thanks in advance,
Julian

--- "Tom E. Craddock, Jr." <sigtom at sigtom.com> wrote:

> Julian wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I set up MythTv using Jarod's HowTo.  I know I have
> >compile X and the Gatos drivers for Tv out on my
> old
> >radeon 7200, but I know nothing of X and its
> >subsystems.  I am afraid that this is an iceberg
> and
> >it may be best to just hack a Tivo.  Could someone
> >please explain the ins and outs of compiling the
> nec.
> >"stuff" to get Tv out?  Or a better alternative?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Julian
> >
> >My specs running myth-suite/WindowMaker
> desktop/FC3:
> >Pentium III 800Mhz
> >512MB SD Ram
> >80 GB Hardrive
> >ATI TV Wonder VE
> >ATI Radeon 7200 (with only monitor and svideo out
> and
> >32MB ram)
> >Soundblaster 5.1

> protection around
> >http://mail.yahoo.com

> Spend the money on an nvidia fx card. Can get one
> for ~$50.00 USD. Dont
> have to recompile anything to use em, just install
> the rpms from Axel's
> repo.
>
> Tom

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam