[mythtv-users] MythTV & EPIA MotherBoards Suggestion

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jan 27 21:48:59 EST 2005

Hi All,

	Appreciate some help on choosing a EPIA MB that has the best
probability of success with running MythTv.

The choices I have are

M1000
MS1200
V800

I'm hoping to set it up as follows:
LIRC
Gentoo Linux
TV-Out
IDE Hard Drive.

The thing which worries me now is how to get LIRC as well as TV-out to
work. I've noted that the EPIA comes with

1x CIR Connector
1x FIR Connector

Is there a difference between these 2 different connectors? I believe
that CIR is preferred right? (consumer Infra Red?) I've not been able to
get my Laptop's (Dell D600) to work with it's internal IrDa and LIRC.

I'm hoping that I will get more luck with this. Would Appreciate a
response.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz