[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport MPEG2->MPEG2 cut only audio problem

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Fri Jan 28 01:08:19 EST 2005

Mike Schommer <schome1 at schome.net> wrote:
> mpeg2cut v1.6
> Last GOP index -48595

OK, first problem.   You are missing a command line argument.

What kind of MPEG file is this?  The last GOP index is taken from the database
and it seems nuvexport can't get the number.  This is likely due to it being
a different format than expected.

> *Finding the AV Offset to use with lvemux: 0 (not detected)*

This is tcprobe not liking your file or the offset being 0ms.

> Last Frame -728925

This is due to the first problem.

> /usr/local/bin/mpeg2cut: line 178:  6609 Aborted                 nice -n
> 19 avidemux2 --load-workbench
> ${BASENAME}.cut --audio-codec MP2 --save-raw-video ${BASENAME}.m2v
> --save-raw-audio ${BASENAME}.mp2 --q
> uit 2>/dev/null >/dev/null

And that is avidemux2 crashing.

> I edited the lvemux Makefile to compile it for large files > 2GB (gcc
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64), did a make install, again, no luck.  I have
> even tried HDTVtoMPEG in Windows and I get similar results - MPEG2 video
> with no audio.  However, when I watch the show in myth, it works great.

Good, lve MUST be compiled with large file support.  But that's not the issue.

> I have a pcHDTV HD-3000 card running on Suse 9.2.  I don't know if that
> has any implications, but you never know.  The card seems to be working
> fine.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

It has implications alright.  What does the recordedmarkup table have for a
typical recording?  I believe I trigger on the highest numbered type 6 entry.
If the HDTV recordings work differently (and likely do) then MPEG2 cutting
won't work without some work.  As I don't have a HDTV card, I can't possibly
fix it without your help :)

Ciao
Gavin