[mythtv-users] no one on here uses dial up then?

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 28 09:02:18 EST 2005

Aaron Aguilar wrote:

>My dream of setting up a MythTV box seems to have been shattered now.
>Unless of course someone else has successfully used dial up in their
>setup.  Please let me know if you have successfully used dial up.  My
>TiVo box is using it, but I know it is different.

I have made two dial-up myth setups for other people (I have cable). For
security reasons, they had to manually open the connection and run
mythfilldatabase. But I don't see why you cannot make it dial in and run
mythfilldatabase automatically.

I guess this script should work after you put it in the cron(or a script
similar to it):
#!/bin/sh
wvdial
wait 30